Oscar Wilde… famous for his one-liners and repartee. Many of his quotes still resonate today, making us nod vigorously in agreement or laugh out loud even when no one else is in the room. Enjoy!
1. Men always want to be a woman’s first love – women like to be a man’s last romance.
2. Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
3. I am not young enough to know everything.
4. Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them so much.
5. Life is far too important to be taken seriously.
6. My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people’s.
7. Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
8. I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself.
9. Who, being loved, is poor?