My, oh my! What a year it has been! When one year ends, we tend to take a breath and look back over our accomplishments and those items we still have yet to do. When I turn back to reflect, I see I’ve got a huge reality check facing me, and it feels very good. Looking at the forest, after being down by the roots of the trees all year, I see that my accomplishments are many, though I hadn’t let myself enjoy the fruits of my labor as I should have :
- I wrote a ton, and had a bunch of books published:
- RELIC, A Brethren Novel Book 2
- The Book Waitress
- Devil Du Jour
- I went to a slew of author/writer events:
- Chocolate Affair
- Tucson Festival of Books
- RT Booklovers Convention
- Desert Dreams Writer’s Conference
- Bookman’s Book Signing Tour – Tucson
- I helped coordinate and run the 2nd Annual Arizona Dreamin’ Romance Reader’s Event:
- Never before have I worked with such an amazing group of people who know how to collaborate and finish each other’s thoughts.
- Looking forward to Arizona Dreamin’ 2013 being bigger and better than EVER!
- I made it through a school year teaching both English and Social Studies with great student results. My teammate Heather rocks!
- I managed to have a piece of me permanently removed- my gall bladder. Bastard hurt like hell while it was in me and still hurts. But I refuse to let it win!
- My kids are doing amazing at school, thanks, in part, to their parents being role models, showing them good work habits.
- My husband and I have maintained what our family needs to survive.
As for the items still to be achieved, well, the list isn’t that bad. I’m really pleased:
- Write Hannah’s story for The Brethren Series. She’s gotta grow up and… Oops, can’t tell ya just in case you haven’t read Trinity yet. 😛
- Finish Demon A La Mode.
- Write three more Book Waitress books.
- Write sequel to Picture Perfect.
- INCREASE visibility and sales while doing smart promotion.
- Lose a little bit of weight by eating healthier and walking.
- Stay in top of kids’ schooling and studies.
- Make sure all my at-risk students on my team are taken care of with whatever interventions are appropriate for them.
- Enjoy this year’s author events that I can attend – Chocolate Affair, Tucson Festival of Books, Arizona Dreamin’ 2013.
My wish for all you fans, friends, and family out there is that you take the time to acknowledge your own accomplishments from this year and give yourself the time to enjoy those successes no matter how big or small. I also wish that each of you experiences good health, happiness, and prosperity in the new year.